We are looking for someone who will manage the day-to-day operational activities surrounding the online community including official websites, social media channels, and other community-managed sites. While working in a cross-functional team, you’ll love to keep our online community engaged and grow our community base. You will effectively use knowledge of our games and community to work with in a team to assist with ideas and designs that will increase player retention and engagement. You will report on trends and player sentiment in order to help shape active game development and messaging strategies to work with and add to the value of our small team.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist and overseeing community channels pre and post launch, help foster and build community-generated content, forum discussions, and other interactions.
- Helping develop community assets such as game videos, events, product updates, and animated gifs.
- Maintaining consistent presence and promote user-friendly environment with online communities, including official forums, Discord and community-managed sites such as Reddit.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure that community feedback is addressed.
- Work in collaboration with our development and administration teams to ensure a positive player experience.
- Help conduct private and public tests to gather community feedback to improve product quality.
- Generate and distribute community reports including sentiment and analytics.
- Assist other members of the community team with community-related tasks.
- Promote games and content updates through livestreams.
- Transmitting information from the development team and reports, feedback and suggestions from the community to the team.
- Work with development team on creating patch notes for content updates.
- Organizing fun and fair events for players.
- Helping people and can see the potential for people to grow.
- Sometimes being the bearer of bad news, being honest with players.
- Creating plans and content calendars, building on branding and marketing.
What you should have
- Willingness to contribute daily.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- A strong passion for gaming.
- Proven history of maintaining and developing an online community.
- Ability to work collaborative in a team environment.
- Thick skin and don’t let personal attacks affect you or your work.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and investigative skills: we believe in getting to the root of the matter instead of just addressing symptoms.
- Drive to innovate community practices and bring community management to the next level
- Incredible empathy and patience: we want our users to know they’ve been heard, especially in unhappy situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make important decisions under pressure.
- A qualification in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms, systems and software (i.e. Forums, Discord)
- Strong understanding of popular social networking tools and trends
- Knowledge on latest technologies and techniques used in building and maintaining successful gaming communities
- A cover letter is mandatory.
- Experience with photo/video editing a plus
- Project management skills and experience driving cross-team collaboration